MYVLF Website Terms and Conditions
MYVLF and MYVLF.com
Hello! We are ‘The Blonde Potters’ (Gwyn GB, Kelly Clayton and Deborah Carr). Between us, we have over 15 books published, some traditionally with large and small publishing houses and some independently. We formed The Blonde Plotters because we love writing and we love reading and from our friendship the idea for MYVLF was born. MYVLF is shorthand for My Virtual Literary Festival. It was born out of a love of books and the desire to connect readers and authors without the need to travel or spend a fortune attending a literary event. We wanted to create a cosy, welcoming online space where you could see and hear your favourite authors and ask them questions – and stay in your pyjamas – a place with free books and giveaways and a community of readers.
MYVLF.com (the “site”) is a site operated by MYVLF Limited (“MYVLF”), a company registered in Jersey with company number 126264 and with a registered office at Greenacres, La Route de Vinchelez, St Ouen, Jersey JE3 2DA. To contact us, please email email@example.com.
By signing up as an attendee of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you should not use the site.
Site terms and conditions
- MYVLF reserves the right to update, amend and/or change the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice to members. Every time you wish to use the site, you should check the Terms and Conditions that apply at that time.
- The site is made available free of charge and MYVLF may update, amend, modify, change and/or discontinue the site from time to time without notice to you.
- Although every effort is made to keep the site up and running smoothly, due to the nature of the internet and the technology involved, MYVLF takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the site being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues (or otherwise) beyond its control or for any loss or damage suffered as a result of the use of or access to, or inability to use or access, the site. MYVLF may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or part of the site or any content on it for business or operational reasons.
- In order to access the full features of the site and attend the online literary festival and events, you must register for an account and provide certain information about yourself as requested on the registration form.
- You warrant that:
- all required registration information you submit is truthful and accurate;
- you will maintain the accuracy of the information.
- You may delete your Account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the site.
- You are responsible for managing the confidentiality of your account login information and are responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions.
- The views of any person, whether a user, author, reader or employee or director of MYVLF which may be expressed on the site in relation to any matter whatsoever are personal views of that person and MYVLF takes no responsibility for any such views which are expressed by such person(s).
- Use of the MYVLF logo – The MYVLF brand logo is the sole and exclusive intellectual property of MYVLF Limited. The logo may be used only in accordance with the following terms:
- the MYVLF logo is not to be used in any marketing materials unless for the purposes of promoting MYVLF.com, an author’s appearance at a MYVLF online event or a MYVLF Book Club and gathering;
- the MYVLF logo may not be used in any manner that discredits or is false and misleading of MYVLF limited; and
- site users must be honest and professional when using the MYVLF logo.
- MYVLF respects the intellectual copyright of the authors and publishers using the site and asks that users of the site do the same. Any infringing material should be immediately notified to MYVLF and any user infringing another’s copyright, or the copyright of MYVLF, will have their account terminated.
- Except where expressly permitted (for example, where an extract of an author’s book has been made available for download), no part of the site or the content thereon may be downloaded or copied for your use or the use of third parties. Where downloads are expressly permitted, such material must not be amended or modified in any way.
- You may not use the site or any content thereon for commercial gain without the express written consent of MYVLF.
- The site may link to other websites, such as Amazon, iBooks, Kobo and other third party news/blogs, that may be accessed by you through the site. MYVLF is not responsible for the data policies, content or security of these linked websites and does not have any control over the use to which third parties may put your data where you choose to purchase products or services or otherwise to contact them via the site and MYVLF accepts no liability or responsibility for their contents.
- MYVLF uses the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the iTunes Affiliate program, Walmart Affiliate program and Kobo Affiliate program. These programs provide a means for sites to earn a small fee by advertising and linking to their websites.
- MYVLF might also link to other website services which MYVLF uses and recommends and which provide an affiliate payment to MYVLF. MYVLF will state if this is the case on an individual basis.
- The site may include information or materials uploaded by other users of the site, for example, in chat rooms. Though MYVLF will make every effort to remove harmful or offensive content, the content is not verified by MYVLF or approved by MYVLF and does not represent MYVLF views or values. If you wish to complain about such content, please do so by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find MYVLF’s Chatroom Policy here.
- The site and its contents/services are aimed at adults (individuals over the age of 18), however MYYVLF does not have any age verification procedures. Therefore parents who permit their children to use the site and, in particular, its interactive services, are advised to communicate with their children about safety online and any potential risks when using internet services.
- MYVLF cannot guarantee that the site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- MYVLF’s aim is to be a friendly and respectful environment where readers can connect with authors and each other. Attendees must behave respectfully towards other attendees at all times. Verbal abuse towards other attendees will not be tolerated and anyone found to be violating the community feel of the site, will have their membership terminated.
- You must not defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- You agree not to use the site to collect, upload, transmit, display or distribute any content that:
- violates any third-party rights, including copyright, moral rights, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property;
- is intended to bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person; is harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, defamatory, libelous, obscene or sexually explicit, racist, bigoted, or promotes violence, hatred or discrimination to any group or individual;
- is in breach of any applicable law, is unlawful or fraudulent (or which has the effect of being so); or
- You may not access or collect data from the site using automated means (without the prior written consent of MYVLF) or attempt to access data that you do not have permission to access.
- You agree not to misuse the site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the site, the server on which the site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the site.
- You must not use the site to advertise any business or service other than that which is contracted through and given access by MYVLF.
- You may link to the site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage MYVLF’s reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link to the site in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on the part of MYVLF, except with the express prior written approval of MYVLF.
- MYVLF cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with the use or inability to use, or reliance upon the site and any of its content or services. To the fullest extent permitted by law, MYVLF limits and excludes all liability in respect of the use of the site and the content thereon, in particular, MYVLF will not be liable for loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage. MYVLF does not exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence or fraud, or any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law. The site is intended for personal (private and domestic) enjoyment only.
- These Terms and Conditions have been prepared in accordance with Jersey law and you agree that the Courts of Jersey shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes, except where, in the case of a consumer, such other must jurisdiction be chosen, strictly in accordance with the law.